Tuesday, June 19, 2007

i totally love shameless promoting of cool stuff...and of course you realize this means eventually i should be plugged in something

i just found out i could do cool things with my blog...which may surprise you considering that i really haven't done anything with my blog lately. still. coolness abounds. i've just realized how to add cool little corporate amazon gems to my little blog and i plan on showing you what i'm reading, listening, watching, and othering. this means you'll get to see what is currently influencing my random thoughts (thoughts that, although rather infrequent will increase like, a billion-fold just as soon as i actually move across the country...on a side note, it's mostly that i have little to write about and virtually no time to do it (summer school...turns out graduating is hard), but that is no excuse and i am definately going to make it up to the, i'm guessing four, people who read this. but back to the matter at hand.)

right? right.

anyway, i'm starting with books today, followed by music tomorrow, and then dvds after that, and then a surprise one. i'm really going to try to stick with this, this meaning the everyday posting or adding of new content. Which is mostly due to witnessing what my old man is doing with his little spot in cyberspace, and quite frankly i'm jealous. (the man has fans, which i find awesome, but also, and being the son, i want to have more. it's the competitive thing, i suppose. mostly it just irks me so.)

so there, happy father's day, dad, you days are numbered.

incidently i'm not sure how this post turned into me calling out my very nice, wise, and grey old man. hmm. i can tell you, however, that i do know the old man is rooting for me. (and i him, seriously, he's better at this because he's a better writer than i am. and his blog does have a coherent theme (but only for so long, my random mostly sometimes posts will be much more connected and consistent in about seven weeks.) for now though, i'll just be content with being young and better looking.

anyway, i've missed you guys and would love to tell you that i'm back with a vengeance...but i know that may be a little much. calling out of the father notwithstanding, i'm mostly just back with a haircut. But i plan on really getting this thing up and running, especially with the tag i've just recieved from one of my favorites...You know who you are...and i plan on knocking that one out of the park. also, i realize that i've saved the universe a couple of times, but haven't destroyed it...so look out for that, it's going to be fun. don't worry though, i'll always come back and save it too.

so there, i'm adding stuff, and throwing gauntlets, and getting tagged. this is actually going to be a lot of fun. summer is finally here, let's do something worthwhile huh?

3 comments:

Susan Palwick said...

Hurray for your being back! And allow me to compliment you on your excellent taste in reading. ;-) And I can't wait to see what you do with the tag!

Dave said...

I think your old man is the wisest and coolest guy I know. Though you are indeed much younger there is still considerable debate about who is better looking.

too said...

I love "The Things They Carried." Depressing and touching is always a nice combo. I hope you are doing well with the summer school and the graduating.